cobas® 4800 system
Innovation made simple
The cobas® 4800 system offers state-of-the-art test menu, fully automated sample preparation, real-time PCR amplification/detection and easy-to-use software for multiple sample types (the detection of Chlamydia). trachomatis (CT), Neisseria. gonorrhoeae (NG), Human Papillomavirus (HPV) and an expanding menu of assays.
It consists of the cobas x 480 instrument for the nucleic acid extraction sample preparation and PCR pipetting and the cobas z 480 real-time PCR analyzer.
The cobas z 480 analyzer is also available as single system and can be used for parameters in the oncology field like BRAF, KRAS and EGFR.
cobas x 480 instrument
- Fully automated sample preparation from primary vials
- Ready-to-use, load-and-go reagents
- No thawing or mixing required
- Less than 20-minute set-up for full run of 94 samples
cobas z 480 analyzer
- Real-time PCR with digital data capture provides accurate qualitative results with no grey zone
- Eliminates the need for equivocal sample retesting
- Advanced results algorithm eliminates the need for manual curve analysis
For reliable real-time PCR for medium to high throughput labs, the cobas® 4800 system was engineered to inspire confidence. It uses the latest generation of LightCycler® Technology to deliver reproducible results and represents a new standard in innovation.
CO-RE tip technology
Improves sealing by securely locking pipette tips in place with an O-ring that expands smoothly to fit a specially designed groove. This O-ring gently decompresses during tip release to avoid motions that can create sample/reagent aerosols that lead to cross-contamination.
A proprietary Total Aspirate and Dispense Monitoring (TADM) system
Ensures valid results by monitoring the pressure within tips to detect low volumes and clogs; pressure responses that fall outside the expected range are reported as errors.
Five optical channels
To detect multiple targets from one reaction tube.
Designed for bi-directional LIS communication
To simplify test ordering while supporting integrity of results (no manual data entry required).
Includes remote diagnostics support
Through a secure web connection, our Service and Technical Support team can streamline troubleshooting and minimize downtime.
1) Simplifies workflow efficiency.
Streamlined design helps save time and resources because:
It requires less hands-on time than most comparable systems and needs minimal daily maintenance. The cobas® 4800 system enables and frees staff to spend more time on other critical tasks.
It accommodates multiple sample types and flexible batch sizes and provides an easy-to-use software interface that can make operation simple even for lab techs with no molecular diagnostics experience.
Roche assays for the cobas® 4800 system help deliver consistently reliable results because:
- The proprietary AmpErase enzyme destroys virtually all previously generated amplicon to reduce cross-contamination concerns that can lead to false-positive results.
- Automatic internal controls minimize the potential for false-negative results.
Each test is automatically analyzed with a unique kinetic algorithm so results are clearly positive, negative or invalid.
The cobas® 4800 system delivers fast results to help meet demanding turnaround times:
- Requires < 40 minutes of hands-on time (96 sample run).
- Reagents are ready to go, no preparation required.
The cobas® 4800 system features primary tube loading to eliminate manual sample transfer steps.
The cobas® 4800 system enables flexible ordering for an expanding, diverse menu of individual, combination or laboratory-developed tests.
2) Innovation that gets down to business.
Position your lab for the future—today
Because it provides trustworthy results for high-volumn tests — while meeting the most demanding expectations for turnaround time — the cobas® 4800 system helps you meet your:
- Operational goal (more test results/day with less downtime)
- Clinical goals (fast, reliable results to support therapy decisions)
- Financial goals (streamlined test requisition/cost-capture and minimum reliance on outside lab services)
- Proprietary kinetic algorithm software provides clear and precise answers
- Reducing the need for retesting or interpretation
- By fully automated sample preparation and PCR set-up (for HPV, Virology, and CT/NG)
- By bi-directional connectivity with your LIS for automated results reporting
- Option to use multiple primary vial types
- User-defined workflow software for free programmable PCR applications
- Save time and labour
- Low daily maintenance requirements
- Processes up to 376 samples in 10 hours
- Bi-directional connectivity to LIS
- Easy to use software
- Automated result interpretation for HPV and CT/NG
- cobas® 4800 BRAF V600 Mutation Test
- cobas EGFR Mutation Test
- Cobas HPV Test
- cobas Cdiff Test
- cobas MRSA/SA Test
- cobas HPV Test
- cobas HSV 1 and 2 Test
- cobas CT/NG v2.0 Test
- cobas HPV Test
- cobas HSV 1 and 2 Test